Wednesday 28 November 2007

Snoop Dogg + Vocoder x Ironic VHS Video = ...

... pretty win, it seems.

But peep this:

I'm gonna take my time / She gon' get hers before I / I'm gonna take it slow / I'm not gonna rush to stroll, so she can get a / Sensual seduction-duction, so I can get a / Sensual seduction-duction.
(Dogg, 2007)

Cf.

Dre got some bitches from the city of Compton / To serve me, not with a cherry on top / 'Cause when I bust my nut, I'm raisin' up off the cot / Don't get upset girl, thats just how it goes / I don't love you hoes, I'm out the door.
(Dogg, 1993)

Ironic flourishes? A desire to meet the needs of a sexual partner before his own are addressed? Will Snoop Dee-to-tha-Double-Oh-Gee have to turn in his gangsta badge and gun?

Before we go overboard, though, it should perhaps be noted that the non-MTV-friendly version of the song is actually called 'Sexual Eruption'.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Snoop is a charmer. That is all.

I'd go there.

Unknown said...

Good to see the Department of Brent working overtime with the incisive (and more frequent) commentary.